How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your Missoula smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the heart of your home security system as it links your cameras, security sensors, thermostats, and locks into one unified system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color touchscreen puts you in full charge of your Missoula home’s security and automation. Get a better idea of how it can benefit you and explore tips to get started.
What can the Vivint Smart Hub in Missoula do for you?
Wirelessly linking to devices with radio wave transmissions and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the control system for your property. You can disarm or arm your system, program lights, change thermostat settings, and more. If adding a doorbell camera, you can even talk to someone at your front door. The Vivint Smart Hub includes a battery backup and cellular capability to ensure reliable performance. It also provides convenient remote access and control through the Vivint smartphone app.
Here’s an idea of the duties you can execute:
- Check real-time or recorded video from your integrated security cameras
- Arm or disarm your system
- Turn lights on or off
- Open or close your garage door
- Adjust your home comfort settings
- Talk directly to monitoring professionals
You can take convenience to another level with your Vivint Smart Hub in Missoula by programming schedules or establishing preferences. For example, you might have your smart thermostat change automatically every night at a particular time. Or, you can set rules like having your entrances unlock whenever the smoke alarm trips.
Quick guide to arming and disarming your home’s security
Before you delve into all the amazing things your Vivint Smart Hub can perform, you’ll have to know how to arm and disarm your system. It’s straightforward - just follow these steps:
- Press the shield icon on the home screen and slide to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay means you will still be present inside your home and arms all sensors excluding interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away means you will be away, and everything in your home will engage.
- To disarm, simply swipe down on the shield icon and type in your PIN.
You’ll see a notification if the system isn’t able to arm. To illustrate, an open door will cue you to take action. Keep in mind that you can still arm the system by using the instructions above. You will then need to verify you want to bypass the sensor that isn’t ready.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Missoula
Although many users can be set up during the initial installation, you will likely want to add an additional user at some point. Here are steps to do so.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) at the bottom right of the welcome screen.
- Tap “Users” and type in your PIN.
- Select “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” provide the new user, and tap the Next button.
- If you want to provide the user remote capability, select email or phone and provide the details to dispatch an invite.
- Touch Next and then establish a PIN for the added user.
- To delete a user, simply navigate to the menu, tap users, choose the user you want to remove, and then select “Delete User.”
Add security and convenience to your home with Vivint
Are you ready to take charge of your home’s security and automation through an intuitive touchscreen dashboard? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Missoula smart home. Contact (406) 926-0627 to learn more.