What to do to cut down on false alarms in Missoula
False alarms are a legitimate problem for home security systems. Not only are they a pain to resolve, but they might even erode the confidence you have in your alarms. Thankfully, you may do a number of things to reduce false alarms from your Missoula security system.
To begin, ensure that everything is set up as intended. This might appear to be a no-brainer, but it’s often the case that simple miscues trigger false alarms. Secondly, keep an eye on possible causes of false alarms, including a back door that may be kept unsecured by accident. And finally, feel free to use the many options like home automation and scheduling to cut down on false alarms in Missoula.
Could it be really that straightforward? Continue on and discover for yourself.
Can you stop false alarms in Missoula?
Like diagnosing any problem, the best course of action is to review the owner’s instruction booklet. Ensure all alarms and sensors are connected appropriately from your end by:
- Performing a checkup through your touchscreen smart hub.
- Physically check each device to make sure it didn't become dislodged or need a new battery.
- Inspect your scheduling to ensure that your alarms aren’t activating at unsuitable times.
- Ensure all new smart implements are incorporated correctly and aren't interfering with your alarms.
Reach out to your service representative if you still have issues cutting down false alarms in your Missoula security system. They'll gladly schedule a tech to inspect your setup.
Check your doors and windows
If your system checks out installed properly, the next course of action is to do a sweep of your residence. Are your doors and widows closed tightly, or might there be a few accidentally cracked? If an access point remains unsecured, it might trigger a sensor. In the event your clan routinely fails to secure an entry point, you might want to implement a smart locking system that locks automatically when your home security is activated. Sadly, windows require additional manual maintenance, especially if you have a loved one who prefers to fall asleep with a cracked window. Luckily, your Vivint installation makes it a breeze to disengage that device while protecting the rest of the property.
Smart home automation can be an effective way to cut down on false alarms in Missoula
One of the most effective ways to minimize the chance of false alarms is to include home automation into your alarm system. With your Vivint app, you can:
- Arrange a schedule to disengage the alarm when you are home and avoid false alarms caused by mistakenly unlatching a door or window. Then have it reactivate automatically again that evening as you prepare for bed.
- Set your home security to disengage as your smart lock is activated with the right PIN.
- Use geotracking to arm your system when you leave the premises, then disarm when you return.
- Receive mobile updates when your devices notice abnormal activity or require a new battery.
- Pair your system to a smart home speaker, so you are able to operate your system without the mobile app or central interface.
Cut down on false alarms in Missoula by switching to a Vivint smart home
Increased authority over your property’s security results in a much lower likelihood of false alarms. To customize your Vivint smart home, call (406) 926-0627 or complete the following form.