What should you do when your Missoula home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system safeguards your home – and your loved ones – against the various risks you may encounter, like theft, flooding, and fire. Although your home might be prepared, that doesn’t necessarily mean you are. Do you know what to do if your Missoula home alarm system goes off? The blasting of an alarm is likely to be jarring, bewildering, and might provoke panic. Your best option is to stay calm and follow these straightforward suggestions.
Steps to Take Whenever Your Home Alarm System In Missoula Triggers
You don’t want to be in this predicament, but it’s also the reason why you put in a home alarm system from the outset. You’re woken up in the middle of the night with the distinct blaring of an alarm after one of your sensors has been activated. What should you do?
- Try not to panic. This is easier said than done when your home security alarm is blasting, and your heart is beating rapidly. But keeping a cool head is the best way to appraise what’s going on. Avoid the urge of trying to deal with the emergency yourself but instead allow your monitoring staff and first responders to perform their job.
- Attend to your family members. Your primary concern should be your loved ones and leading them to safety. In the case of a burglary, this might mean moving to a designated safe zone as far from entry points as possible. The invader was likely already scared off by the alarm, but it’s always wise to take extra precaution. If there’s fumes or a fire, you ought to vacate your house without delay.
- Remember your cell phone. Most people keep their phones with them at all times these days, but you could forget to pick it up during an emergency. You’ll want to have it. You’ll have the opportunity to keep in contact with your monitoring specialists and obtain alerts through your home security app.
Work With Your 24-hour Monitoring Specialists
Any time your home alarm system in Missoula goes off, your round-the-clock monitoring professionals will instantly act. Their first move is to validate your alarm, and that involves communicating with you. The protocol they adhere to is dependent on the kind of emergency. For instance, if the emergency is due to a medical situation, a single attempt will be made to get in touch with you before help is dispatched. If you’re dealing with an intrusion - the most typical type of event - a monitoring professional will adhere to these guidelines to reach out to you:
- An attempt will be made to reach you via the touchscreen interface. You will generally be required to supply a passcode.
- If that attempt doesn’t get an answer, a call is attempted to your principal contact number.
- A secondary number or your primary contact person is called next.
- If there still isn’t an answer, local police officers are deployed.
- Your monitoring professionals will follow up with you again once emergency personnel are contacted.
If you're not in a position to communicate with monitoring agents, don’t fret. Assistance will still be deployed even when you're unable to confirm the emergency.
Prepare for any emergency with a Vivint home alarm system in Missoula
Be prepared for any situation with a modern home alarm system in Missoula from Vivint. Call (406) 926-0627 to begin the customization of your home’s defense today.